The EMF Information Center of the Japan Electrical Safety & Environment Technology Laboratories (JET) regards it as an important social duty to handle personal data appropriately and take steps to protect said data. As such, the Center will not only comply with relevant laws and ordinances in order to fulfil this duty, but will also handle personal data appropriately in line with the following policy.
1. Acquiring and using personal data
When acquiring personal data, the Center will do so through legitimate and appropriate means and procedures. The Center will also determine the purpose of use of the personal data it has acquired, within the limitations necessary for the smooth and proper management of the Center’s operations.
- Purpose of use of personal data
Some specific purposes of use of personal data in the Center's possession are listed below.
The Center uses personal data in its possession within the limitations necessary to carry out activities in connection with the projects listed below. These activities include mailing surveys, information, advertisements, etc., replying to inquiries, applications, etc., giving information via mail magazines, direct mail, telephone, home visits, etc., questionnaire surveys, and other work ancillary to these.
If you do not wish to receive questionnaires from the Center, mail magazines, direct mail or other materials concerning these projects sent by the Center, please let us know and we will stop sending them.
- Information survey projects
- Information provision projects
2. Measures for safety management and ensuring the accuracy of personal data
The Center will carry out measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage of the personal data in its possession, as well as any other necessary measures for the appropriate management of personal data.
Moreover, within the limitations necessary to achieve the purpose of use, the Center will strive to corroborate personal data in its possession with past or present facts.
3. Measures for subcontractors
The Center entrusts some of its operations to subcontractors, and sometimes provides personal data to those subcontractors within the necessary limits. In such cases, the Center will rigorously apply measures such as expressly stating matters related to the appropriate handling of personal data in entrustment contracts, safety management measures and demands for improvement, to ensure that appropriate systems of personal data management are established by the Center’s subcontractors.
Similar measures will be devised for workers and others transferred to other sites under secondment contracts.
4. Disclosure and provision of personal data to third parties
The Center will not supply the personal data in its possession to third parties, except in the following cases.
- When the consent of the person in question has been obtained.
- When provision is necessary in order to protect human life, limb or property, and when the consent of the person is difficult to obtain.
- When information is provided to work subcontractors within the limitations necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- In other cases when the disclosure or provision of information to third parties is permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of personal data
On receiving a request for disclosure of personal data in its possession, having confirmed that the request is from the actual person in question, the Center will disclose the information without delay in line with laws and ordinances. However, disclosure may not be possible in the following cases.
- When it could harm the life, limb, property or other rights or interests of the person in question or a third party.
- When it could cause significant hindrance to the proper management of the Center's operations.
- When it would be in violation of laws and ordinances.
6. Alteration, deletion, discontinuation of use, etc.
On receiving a request to alter, delete, discontinue use, or otherwise change personal data in its possession, having confirmed that the request is from the actual person in question, the Center will alter, delete, discontinue use, or otherwise change said data without delay in line with laws and ordinances.
7. Improvements to the protection of personal data
The Center will continuously review its protection of personal data, and will take steps to improve the same.
- Contact for inquiries on the handling of personal data:
- Japan Electrical Safety & Environment Technology Laboratories (JET)
EMF Information Center
Address: 3rd Floor, 2-9-11 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 〒105-0014, Japan
Tel: 03-5444-3621 / Fax: 03-5444-3622